Dennis Castaneda, proud Local 848 member and a Dash driver at Veolia Transportation in Los Angeles, received his settlement check today for a grievance filed when he was suspended for telling a supervisor that he would file grievances against that supervisor’s conduct against the drivers. The company alleged that Dennis was in violation of company policy for “Threatening” the supervisor. The grievance was settled prior to the arbitration date and Dennis received lost wages and the discipline was removed from his file.
Dash Driver Receives Settlement Check
Current News, Issues and Events
- DOT Requires Use of Certified Medical Examiners starting in 2014
- DRIVE Campaign Headed for Local 848
- Teamster Local 848 Shop Steward Seminar an overwhelming success!
- Remember to Set Clocks for Daylight Saving Time
- MV Transportation Members Ratify “Grand Bargain”
- New Report Exposes Shocking Working Conditions in Port Trucking
Like Us On Face Book
Follow Us On Twitter
If You're Not Part of The Solution, You're Part of the Problem
View Calendar Add Add